September 14, 2007

Tim Kupsick: Banner photo story

Copyright Tim Kupsick 2007

I noticed this couple on the corrals at the Fourth of July Livingston Round Up in Livingston, Mont. What I first noticed about this image was the couple's body language. He was preparing for the saddle bronc, which in my opinion seems to be the most difficult event at a rodeo because of the extreme risk it takes to get on top of this animal three to four times your size and ride him. I never grew up around horses or bulls, being from Portland, Ore., you don't usually see too many rodeos in the city or the surrounding burbs. One of many things I enjoyed about my experience interning at the Bozeman Daily Chronicle was the number of assignments that I had never experienced photographing. Thank you for taking a look at the Montana Kaimin photography blog, we appreciate the traffic, and any comments on the photos and back stories are appreciated. Enjoy the coming weeks of pictures.

– Tim Kupsick

No comments: