September 19, 2007

Hugh Carey: Gets the blood flowing

Copyright Hugh Carey 2007

F-stop: 5.6
Shutter: 1/250
ISO: 400
Lens: 300mm
WB: Cloudy

After searching for a feature photo all over campus on foot on a dull, cloudy morning, I spotted some people bouncing and floating in the air in a backyard behind a 7-foot tall wooden fence. I figured it was a trampoline, but I still wanted to hide it to make viewers more curious. Though I could’ve made the subject much sharper by increasing the shutter speed. I thought 1/250 was fast enough. Dang. Ah well, I’m happy to have spotted them at the right time. The longer the time and the more area you cover, the chances of finding a spontaneous photo increases.

– Hugh Carey

1 comment:

......the Pasture said...

this reminds me of the incident when a bear climbed up a neighborhood tree, up the Rattlesnake i think,and they brought in a trampoline, tranquilized the scared creature, and it fell out and bounce once to only miss the tramp on the way back down.....hahahaha